Ever since Bobbi brown discontinued her Coral blush stick (doh!) I’ve been trying out a rainbow of blush colors trying to replace my favorite shade. Luckily, the amount of beauty product that comes to this house on a daily basis is embarrassing. The amount of that that I actually keep, use and try in new ways would surprise you- a lot of it. I am an artist and I love color, so when packages of bright product arrive deskside, I drop all paintbrushes for a blush brush. Today I decided to get rid of some old product, but in that I made a list of my favorite blush shades. The photo above is of my desk this weekend. Of the hundreds here in office- I go back to the same ones. I hope it helps any of you looking for a new go-to shade or maybe one of you who is building your blush collection. I love an extra-rosey cheek for Spring so want to have you prepared for the sun.
Below is a list of my favorites, with links so you can shop the picks yourself. Feel free to leave any questions about product here on the blog and I’ll do my best to answer.
1) Bare Minerals Fruit Cocktail – this may not look bright on the website but trust me it’s bright. Very bright. Trust me again and try it because the deep pigmented pop of pink is so pretty. I love to play up it’s romantic feel with minimal eye makeup, a strong brow and a messy knot.
2) Bobbi Brown Apricot – This has been a part of my collection for a long time. Another bright, but a more peachy-pink than the color above. I wear this shade high on the apples of my cheek for a flirty, girly vibe and I have a number of friends who use it that are a lighter skintone so I highly recommend giving this one a shot.
3) The third and last bright is Dolce & Gabbana’s coral red– I haven’t seen this on any fair skin (so please weigh in if you have) but on my olive skintone this rich red-orange is like a dose of caffeine. I go light on the product and look awake and instantly sunkissed. I can’t wait to see this in the summer with a tan and a metallic brown eye.
4) Stila Convertible Color in Sweet Pea – For me, cream blush is a must-have. This one is a nice neutral. I would recommend not shying away from the cream for best result. Put two fingers in the pot, swirl 3-4 full times, press firmly along cheekbones and rub in using small circles. This creme really makes your skin look beautiful when used the right way.
5) Estee Lauder Pure Color blush Peach Passion– For the color shy, this ones is a light peach-pink and goes on thin and light. Works well with a heavy eye color. Truth be told I’ve never turned down any Estee Lauder product because they win at packaging.
6) Nars Orgasm– b/c duh. Cult product and very well deserved.
7) Tata Harper Lip Cheek tint in very vivacious– I’ve tried a few shades here and this is by far my favorite. It’s orange tint add just the right amount of color and does not look like orange on my cheek (in a good way). It’s matte, it smells amazing and it’s a lip tint too so when in a rush press into your lips after your cheeks (no lip liner here) and you’re all set when on the go.
8) Last but not least, the newest purchase in my collection Make Up For Ever in Peach Beige – This creme blush is a little darker in shade than it’s title suggests. It’s a nice neutral and is thinner in consistency than the above Stila shade. Plus they have a million shades to choose from at Sephora. Ok, not a million, sixteen.
Have questions about any of the shades? I’ll try to answer to the best of my ability! Happy shopping.